Are you up for a challenge?
The PADI Rescue Diver course is a challenging but at the same time, rewarding and fun course.
It gives you more confidence as a diver by learning how to prevent & manage problems underwater.
You will be the most sought after dive buddy once you are a certified PADI Rescue Diver!
- must be at least 12 years old or older
- must be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent from other training organisations)
- must have Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary Care training within the last 24 months, CPR & First Aid (or equivalent from other training organisations)
The course is divided into 3 simple sections:
- You will be required to complete the Theory Session before the Introductory Pool Session & Open Water Dives.
- There are 5 sections in the PADI Rescue Diver manual. You will be required to complete 5 Knowledge Reviews, watch the PADI Rescue Diver Video, complete an Emergency Action Plan & a simple MCQ exam.
Pool Session (Introduction to the skills)
- The skills learned in the PADI Rescue Diver Course will be new to most divers, so we want to introduce you to the skills in a pool before repeating them in the open water dives.
Open Water Dives
- You will be required to complete 3 Open Water Dives in the sea. The skills learned in the Pool Session will be repeated to ensure competency.
- There will be 2 Rescue Scenarios as a final assessment to apply the skills and knowledge presented throughout this course to a realistic scenario.
What you will learn:
- Self rescue skills
- Recognising, preventing & managing stress in other divers
- Dealing with accidents competently
- Rescuing panicked & unresponsive divers