The PADI Junior Open Water Diver course is the FIRST step in your scuba diving adventure!
Children as young as 10 – 14 years old can qualify for the PADI Jr Open Water Diver Course.
Once you are certifed as a Jr Open Water Diver, you will be able to dive independently with a buddy up to 12 metres (10-11 years old) & 18 metres (12-14 years old), anywhere in the world!
*if you are not able to snorkel, swim, float or thread water, just let us know so we can assist you.
- must be at least 10 years old up to 14 years old
- able to snorkel 300m with mask, snorkel & fin or swim 200m
- able to float or thread water for 10 minutes without any swimming aids
The course is divided into 3 simple sections:
- You will be required to complete the Theory Session before moving on to the Pool Session.
- The PADI Open Water Diver Manual consist of 5 sections. You will be required to complete the 5 Knowledge Reviews at the end of each section with the guidance of your instructor.
- There are also 5 informative videos that will further enhance your understanding.
- You will then need to complete short quizzes & a simple MCQ exam.
- You will be required to complete the Pool Session before moving on to Open Water dives.
- Learn how to assemble, use & care for your equipment.
- Learn breathing techniques, buoyancy control and safety procedures in a safe & controlled environment with your instructor.
Open Water Dives
- Now it’s time to dive in the sea!
- You will be required to complete 4 Open Water Dives in the open sea.
- Some key skills learnt in the Pool Session will be repeated during the open water dives so you know how & when to apply them.
- A chance to experience & enjoy the amazing undersea world whilst being supervised by your instructor.